Facebook   Twitter
Monte Vista Mustangs Bell Schedule Dates at a Glance 2017 - 2018 Donations Handbook Map & Directions School Site Council Instructional Calendar Registration Stampede Day WASC
Mustang Academics Academic Boosters CAASPP Testing Course Catalog 2018 - 2019 School Profile Library & Media Center Textbooks AP Testing
Chorus Dance Drama Music Photography Visual Arts
Athletics Home Athletic Boosters Athletic PE Athletic Trainer Camp Liability Directions to Sports Venues Coaches Evaluation Form Eligibility Requirements NCAA Athletes Online Athletic Clearance Tryout Procedures Transfer Students Teams
Contact List Administration Quick Links for Staff Staff Resources Reserve WSC & Library
Quick Links for Students ASB Student Clubs Homework Parking for Students Stampede Newspaper Yearbook Transcripts - Alumni Class of 2018
Parents Quick Links for Parents Alumni
Counseling Home Counselor Bios Enroll Your Child Welcome Class of 2022 Registrar/Enrollment/Transcripts Course Selections SRVUSD High School Course Catalog FAQ College Admission Testing College & Career Center College and Career Readiness CollegeConnect Course Advancement Course Requirements DVC / Community College Financial Aid Naviance Family Connection NCAA/NAIA info Scholarship Websites School Profile Work Permit Depression Awareness

Sarah Sirota

Registrar, Monte Vista High School

3131 Stone Valley Rd, Danville, CA 94526

(925) 552-2816 - direct

(925) 552-2857 – fax



The Registrar handles all issues regarding:


  • Transcript Requests
  • New Enrollment
  • Residency Verification
  • Withdrawal Procedures


Enrollment for 2018-19 school year Opens March 1st, 2018!!

District Website under the parent tab>enrollment

Online enrollment & registration for students NEW to SRVUSD 

All students transferring from outside the school district must first complete the SRVUSD Online Registration. Students younger than age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Registration Link and Instructions

Access Online Registration CLICK HERE

Step by step GUIDE 

For step by step instructions on completing the Online Registration for New Students process, click here.

Residency is based on where you live, not what property you own.  Purchase agreements are not acceptable as proof of residency.   Required original documentation for students new to the district:

  • An original certified copy of the birth certificate, passport, or baptismal record must be used to verify the student's birth date.
  • Proof of complete immunization records must be verified. It is required by California State law that all students have complete records of immunizations prior to entering school. Children will not be admitted to a classroom in the fall unless the immunizations are up-to-date. (Please refer to the immunization requirement link)

Proof of Residency
Proof of residence is required at the time of enrollment and when a family changes address.  Verification by one item from each category below is required:

  1. Current picture ID of parent/guardian:  Driver’s license, CA issued ID, passport, military ID, and
  2. Current mortgage statement, Escrow papers that show close of sale no later than 7 calendar days after the student's first day of school, grant deed, property tax bill, lease/rental agreement including property address, names of occupants, signatures of both parties with 2 months of canceled checks or bank transfer records within the school year and
  3. Current PG&E or water bill with name and address listed (within 45 days for new home purchases/rentals).

Additional documentation may be required for further verification.  Documentation may include but is not limited to:

  1. Income tax records reflecting the child's district residency address
  2. Court documents including custodial responsibilities
  3. Billing statement
  4. Vehicle registration
  5. Payroll check stub with name and address

Once a new student is enrolled and registered by the district, there may be further steps at Monte Vista to register your student for classes and complete emergency contact information. 



Welcome to Monte Vista High School – Here is a handy information sheet for your reference.     

                                                                       GO MUSTANGS!!!


If you are interested in joining a team, please visit the Monte Vista website under the Athletics tab. There is information about all teams and sports. MV holds a sports parent night in the fall, winter, and spring to kick off the seasons. Andy Popper is the Athletic Director.  Apopper@srvusd.net.


Partial Day Absence numbers: A-J 925-552-2890; K-Z 925-552-2817.  Full Day Absence number is 925-552-5537.  Parents, please call the attendance office the night or morning of your student’s appointments.  Please have your student pick up their pass before going to class.  We do NOT deliver passes to the classrooms.  Please refer to the pages in the student planner or visit our website for other important attendance policies.


Cathy Haberl is the College/Career Advisor at Monte Vista.  Her hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00am – 5:30pm.  She is available to meet with students one-on-one or with students and their parents for college planning.  Cathy can help to discuss educational goals, explore majors, and discuss the entire college planning process through to graduation.  Please contact her directly to make an appointment.  Her email is chaberl@mvhigh.net.  Her office is located in the Workday Student Center, room 119.


There are more than 100 clubs for students of many interests to get involved in at Monte Vista. The clubs are overseen by AP Megan Keefer.  Please see the list of this year’s clubs on the website under the student tab. Our annual Club Fair takes place in mid-September. Meetings typically take place during lunch and are announced in the bulletin.


All students have access to the internet at MVHS. Instructions to set up computer accounts are introduced at freshman orientation and also in English Classes. Students can also email MVSupport@srvusd.net if they need help.


All students are assigned to a counselor based on the first letter of their last name.  Counselors do their best to make sure they are available during brunch and lunch, as well as before and during school.  There will be occasions when a student’s counselor is working with other students, attending a meeting, or off-campus.  If the counselor is not available, the student can sign up on an appointment sheet posted on the front counter in the counseling office and the counselor will send a pass for the student when appropriate.  Students may also send him/her an email.  Counselors are happy to help with academic, college, and career questions, as well as any personal concerns you may have.


Family Connection/Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for planning and exploring career and/or college options.  It’s a comprehensive site that allows students and parents to research and make decisions about courses, careers and colleges. The site is also used to post upcoming college visits, scholarship information, summer enrichment and other meetings and events here on campus and in the community related to career/college information. You can access the site through the Monte Vista Website under Quick Links. 9th graders receive their access codes in January.  Students in other grades may see their counselor for an access code. The counseling department and career/college center holds meetings for classes to learn more about the program throughout their high school career.


MV Students need an ID card to check out library books, pay for lunch through Mealtime service, and get into Monte Vista events. (You must show your ID to attend sporting events.)   ID Cards are available at Stampede day. ASB Activity Seals are available for purchase through the MVHS Webstore.  Please refer to the MVHS website under the student tab for its benefits. If you lose your ID, there is a $5.00 charge to replace it, available in the attendance office.


Every parent should establish a portal account in Infinite Campus.  Annual update is done every year to update important emergency contacts and other demographic information.  Student’s grades/transcripts are posted on the parent portal.   If you have registered for your Parent Portal, go to MVHS quick links and click on the link to “Parent Portal”. If you have not registered for a Parent Portal account, contact the Registrar’s Office for your GUID code. 


Students need an ID and student number to check out a book.  This may be your MVHS ID, Driver’s License, or other ID card with your picture and name.  The library is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 until 4:30 PM; and 7:30 until 2:30 PM on Friday. The library is also open at brunch and lunch for computer use, book checkout, and studying.


Lockers are assigned by Mrs. Gellerman in the attendance office.  Each new student receives a lock.  If it is lost, students can purchase a new lock from the bookkeeper. 


Different varieties of cuisine are sold in our Commons and Workday Student Center Café during brunch and lunch.  Lunch is typically $4.00 and includes an entrée, a side, and a drink.  Students may eat in the Commons or outdoors.  Eating is not allowed inside classrooms unless monitored by teachers.  Prepaid meal accounts are available.  Students may also apply for our free/reduced lunch program, which is based on financial need.  To learn more about these options, please visit the district website - Child Nutrition.


Check the Monte Vista website daily for the daily bulletin and Mustang News.  It is a great way to stay up to date with what is happening on campus at Monte Vista High School.  Under the About Us tab – you can find the bell schedule, Calendar and other great information.   Under the Athletics tab – you can click on the blue stadium for a detailed sports calendar. Under Quick Links you can find links to School loop, parent portal, Webstore and many more places. The Webstore is used as a convenient way for parents to make online payments for donations and purchases of various goods and services. (Your Student’s ID# is required to purchase items).


Parking in the student lot is by permit only.  People may not park in a carpool spot without a carpool permit. All senior and junior students who wish to apply for a parking permit must complete an application.  Information will be posted on the website under the Student Tab. Busing Info –www.ridetraffix.com


Students are required to change for PE. If you choose to purchase PE Clothes, they are available the first week of school from the PE teachers. There is a suggested donation  for a shirt and shorts. PE teachers will assign PE lockers.


MVHS uses School Loop to help as an online program to help parents, students, and teachers stay up-to-date on academic performance.  School Loop should be used as a reference only, not the only means of gathering information from teachers.  Teachers are only required to post grades on specific progress or grading dates and may not use this program as a primary source to share information.  Please have more than one method of logging assignments, due dates, and other pertinent information.  If you would like to use School Loop, please register by clicking on the REGISTER link under School Loop from our MVHS Homepage under Quick Links School Loop.   Your student’s ID # is required to register.  Students and parents should both register for this service and maintain separate accounts.


School Photos are taken at Stampede Day for all students.  Photo packets are available for purchase at that time. These photos are used for ID cards and will go into the yearbook for 9-11th grade students.  If you are not able to attend Stampede Day, there will be a make-up day early in the school year.  Senior photos are done by Creative Imaging by appointment- Kimberly 925-485-6025.


Spirit wear is sold to the MV community by many of our clubs and booster groups.  Items are sold at Stampede Day, at school during lunch time and at some sporting events. You can also purchase Spirit wear from the MVHS webstore. 


Join the MV community and meet Administrators, Teachers, Staff, Booster Groups and Leadership to get everything you need to start the school year. Mustang students and parents will leave Stampede Day with a student schedule, ID card and any items purchased such as planner, spirit wear, booster items and more!


Student ID is required to check out Textbooks.  If a student checks outs a textbook from the Textbook Office, they will be held responsible if the textbook is lost or damaged.  ALL textbooks are barcoded.  Your student is responsible for returning the book with the barcode that was checked out to them.  If the book is lost, it will need to be paid for.  Please put student’s name on the inside front cover of the textbook.  All textbooks that are checked out from the Textbook Office need to be returned directly to the Textbook Office, not the teacher.  If a student drops a class, please have them return their textbook back to the Textbook Office immediately.  If you have any questions please visit Ms. Jackie in the textbook room, 520, or send an email to: Jphillips@srvusd.net



You have options when ordering your high school transcript:




Order transcripts in Naviance.  Please print a copy of your "Transcript Sheet"  from Naviance and bring it to the counseling office.




When ordering remember to include your name (maiden if applicable), birthdate, year graduated and where you want the transcript mailed to.

Withdrawal Procedures


Students transferring from or leaving Monte Vista High School to attend another school must follow the withdrawal procedures. This procedure is initiated by the Registrar and includes completing a Withdrawal Form and returning all library and text books.

Immunization records and final transcripts will not be released until a completed Withdrawal Form is returned to the Registrar.

Non-Discrimination Statement

San Ramon Valley Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.

Report a Concern