Skip to main content

New Student Enrollment in SRVUSD

Welcome to the San Ramon Valley Unified School District! 

Online Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year will begin March 1st 2019.  Please email me at to set an appointment to process your enrollment papers.  

 There will be a new student/freshman informational night February 25, 2019.   Look for Welcome class of 2023.  (We do not have a shadowing program at MVHS.)


All students transferring from outside the school district must first complete the SRVUSD Online Registration. Students younger than age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Registration Link and Instructions

Our district enrollment process begins with an online enrollment application and concludes with submitting required documents to our enrollment staff. Please note that the enrollment process is not complete until you have submitted your enrollment documents to our enrollment staff. Links to access enrollment information and the online enrollment application are provided at the bottom of this page.

If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete and submit the on-line enrollment application (see link provided below) prior to your meeting with district staff. Be advised that you must be a current resident in the SRVUSD school boundaries and provide proof of residency prior to enrollment approval. Students younger than age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian complete the enrollment process.

All the information can be found on the district website under Enrollment.  


Required documentation to enroll in SRVUSD

Required original documentation for students new to the district:

  • An original certified copy of the birth certificate, passport, or baptismal record must be used to verify the student's birth date.
  • Proof of complete immunization records must be verified. It is required by California State law that all students have complete records of immunizations prior to entering school. Children will not be admitted to a classroom in the fall unless the immunizations are up-to-date. (Please refer to the immunization requirement link)

Proof of Residency
Residency is based on where you live, not what property you own.  Purchase agreements are not acceptable as proof of residency.  Proof of residence is required at the time of enrollment and when a family changes address.  Verification by one item from each category below is required:

  1. Current picture ID of parent/guardian:  Driver’s license, CA issued ID, passport, military ID, and
  2. Current mortgage statement, Escrow papers that show close of sale no later than 7 calendar days after the student's first day of school, grant deed, property tax bill, lease/rental agreement including property address, names of occupants, signatures of both parties with 2 months of canceled checks or bank transfer records within the school year and
  3. Current PG&E or water bill with name and address listed (within 45 days for new home purchases/rentals).

Additional documentation may be required for further verification.  Documentation may include but is not limited to:

  1. Income tax records reflecting the child's district residency address
  2. Court documents including custodial responsibilities
  3. Billing statement
  4. Vehicle registration
  5. Payroll check stub with name and address

Once a new student is enrolled and registered by the district, there may be further steps at Monte Vista to register your student for classes and complete emergency contact information.